Community Solar Subscription
Community Solar Subscription
Solar Cents is an experienced solar energy consulting firm with decades of experience in residential and commercial solar systems. At Solar Cents, we do the homework for you, without ties to any specific solar service provider to guide you while choosing to subscribe to a community solar subscription in a transparent and cost-effective manner.
Whether you are considering opting for a community solar subscription, installing your own solar panels, or simply continuing to depend on your initial sources of electricity, our team of solar consultants helps you navigate if your community solar subscription will suit your personal or business financial and energy needs. Talking to one of our solar consulting experts assures that;
- You can subscribe to community solar, which may help reduce your electric bill by up to 6% – 7% monthly.
- You don’t incur other unnecessary costs, such as changing wiring, installing new equipment, and other costs, allowing you to simply enjoy the benefits of solar energy.
- You take advantage of the excess energy credits provided by the state as incentives for using clean energy.
What is Community Solar Subscription, and How Does it Work?
As the name suggests, this is essentially a subscription plan to offsite solar gardens or farms, which allow homeowners, businesses, non-profits, and renters to support clean solar energy without necessarily purchasing and installing rooftop solar panels in their properties. Solar companies or developers mainly offer subscription plans.
Subscribing to a community solar subscription service enrolls you to an offsite community solar farm that contributes to the local power grid. As such, you will be required to make monthly payments to the solar firm in exchange for solar bill credits in your utility bills that reduce the monthly utility charges.
That said, homeowners and businesses cannot be sure if adopting this subscription is best for their business interests, especially if they have sufficient space to install solar panels by themselves. If you are in such a dilemma, talk to solar energy consultants.
If you own a home or commercial building and would like to consider solar energy, consult with Solar Cents for a deeper understanding of the community solar subscription model.
What to Consider Before Subscribing to Community Solar
Businesses and households should be wary of the following as they evaluate whether community solar suits their needs or not.
- A community solar subscription is a long-term commitment to power pricing. The community solar farm developers need some funding to purchase and install PV to power homes and businesses, benefit from investment tax credits, and generate revenue.
- You are selecting a path of predictable or rather pre-determined electrical price changes for the period. This might favor or not favor different people, but better than the conventional electricity costs, which fluctuate unpredictably.
- Once you subscribe, you have the certainty of your starting rate and future increases.
- With no upfront commitments, you have minimal financial exposure. However, keep in mind that the commitment lasts for several years.
Understanding and deciding based on these provisions without the help of solar energy consultants may prove challenging.
As mentioned, homeowners should consult solar energy consultants for various reasons. However, there is a challenge in finding knowledgeable solar consultants who can provide reliable and honest insights.
Our scope of work revolves around providing our customers with accurate advice and recommendations for homeowners to be able to choose the best solar solutions for their homes.
Save Your Money
Save money on utilities or increase the value of your home by installing solar.
Consult & Planning
Our remote residential solar systems are designed to reliably power our clients.
Your Home Is Energy
Everyday the sun provides us with abundance of free energy through solar.